No announcement yet.

lowest tuning possible on 24.75" scale length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

if you think that was bad --- at least I didn't make reference to baritone scales
      When we can't wear out pants any lower, we will start to wear platform shoes again to raise us up just enough to lower our pants even more.

*I'm done. no more jokes on the subject.
      Guitars are tuned EADGBE.
      There are some Spanish instruments tuned ADGCEA, BEADG, EADGCF, ADGCF, and others variation. They look like guitars, they play like guitars, but each tuning is an instrument and has its own name.
      No different than a banjo, ukelele, or pedal steel.
      All of this 'alternate' tuning stuff --- are you sure you are still playing an American Guitar? Maybe there are other instruments that are better suited for what you want to do.

Comment

Blasphemy! Seriously tho, standard tuning is pretty far from standard anymore.
        I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          Guitars are tuned EADGBE.
          My 7-string is tuned BEADGBE, and my 8-string is tuned F#BEADGBE, so still standard tuning.

My 6-string guitars are in E, Eb or D.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you tune it low enough intonation won't matter. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              just buy a bass
              There's always got to be at least one of these posts in this kind of thread.

Plenty of bands using Gibsons tune down to B-standard and lower (e.g. Electric Wizard) and i'm sure you can go even lower if you have the right string gauge.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                There's always got to be at least one of these posts in this kind of thread.

Plenty of bands using Gibsons tune down to B-standard and lower (e.g. Electric Wizard) and i'm sure you can go even lower if you have the right string gauge.

And I am more than willing to be THAT guy.
                If you want to play bass, play bass. Meghan Trainor has made bass popular.

Comment

Working...
                X