No announcement yet.

RRXMG facelift/upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for me, any of the Custom models is the perfect pickup for testing. Coils are the same and magnet swapping is a snap for trying different tones.. I like the A8 in those and JB's. Actually, liking the JB's more right now, but still love all my Custom equipped guitars.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thank you warlock. I'm glad you were able to find this thread useful/helpful.

Yeah the reason I went with the Liberator was to make pickup swaps quick & relatively painless. One things for sure this guitar will stay passive.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

.5mm at 12th... no appreciable buzz?

I have necks that I can set up that low, but I like it around 1.5mm at the 12th and 2mm at the 22/24th.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

That looks fantastic mate, good job!
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            .5mm at 12th... no appreciable buzz?

I have necks that I can set up that low, but I like it around 1.5mm at the 12th and 2mm at the 22/24th.
            His pic shows 0.05" not mm, so that would be around 1.3mm.

Comment

That turned out great! Nice to see you back.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toejam. It's great to be back.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

damn. that thing is beautiful.
                  1959 Gibson ES175D natural/bigsby
                  2012 Jackson Soloist SLX white Floyd Rose Special
                  2012 Jackson RRXMG Matte Black Floyd Rose Special
                  2010 Agile AL3000 Ebony

Comment

So update. I had very little time with it plugged in & did not notice the ground issue. Today I noticed it quite well. Long story short, tech & I both thought Liberator was grounded without attaching ground wires to the solder pads. So here is a shot of the updated wiring.

Before:

Here is a shot of the paper "shims" that were under the FloydSpecial nut:

And it might be time to clean my toolbox/bench
                    Last edited by Hamner1; 06-08-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Still tweaking although not much. I lost the previous M6x6 set screw. I thought I wanted to raise the bar more anyway, so I got a M6x8 as well. Works great.

Both screws height difference:

Bar w/M6x6:

Bar w/M6x8:

Now maybe a left hand push in bar.

Comment

Here are my modified RRXMG´s:

I wanted a RR that looks like Randy´s original black guitar, so I decided to replace most of this RRXMG´s black hardware with gold plated parts. The control plate I made myself, it is cut of a brass sheet. It is little bit relic´d already, but I think it is only a good thing. Most of tremolo parts are made by Schaller, only the base plate and locking nut are left of original Floyd Rose Special. Maybe I will later replace the base plate with a Schaller Lockmeister or Floyd Rose FRT part, but I think the tremolo looks good like this. It may be too much if base plate and locking nut are gold too.

I really like made in India RRXMG´s, they are light weight and their necks are very comfortable.
                        My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
                        X