Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on tuning issues with Kahlers or Floyd Roses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all excellent advice. Thanks!

Maybe I just kind of slid into laziness with the trems and that ended up feeding upon itself into tuning issues. I'll try to be more dilligent, and hopefully that will fix things.

I do really like my TOM guitars, though.

Comment

99.9% of acquiring successful tuning is ALL in how you stretch the strings. I have been doing these for 30 years. Four simple steps.

1. Block the trem, then tighten the trem claw a little bit maybe a few turns. Use a handful of quarters and place them under until it's at it's perfect 0 point, add remove quarters as needed. Floyd, Schaller, doesn't matter what kind, Although I only prefer the real deal because they don't wear out, cheap ones do.
      2. Get some gun oil and oil the nut, saddles anywhere where string meets hardware, common sense right?
      3. Set up like any other guitar, string it, tune it, then stretch GENTLY until each string stops going out of tune.
      4. When all is in tune remove quarters, I tape em for later use BTW. Oh no the trem dropped, s$$$, chill now. No just take your screw driver and tune the guitar to the A or G, or both, with the screwdriver!!!! If you did the proper steps prior you should be able to perfectly tune it with the screw driver.

Now the next day it may stretch a little more on it's own, so no prob, unlock stretch more gently, and retune. Then don't mess with it!!! The fine tuners set half way should get you were u need to be. Another thing is that if you change BRANDS of strings, you need to repeat the WHOLE thing because each brand is different gauge etc. If you are still having issues with stability, get NEW springs 3 for 6 string, 4 for 7. I have had trouble in years, with my new method, lol.

Comment

Working...
      X