No announcement yet.

Raising action on an OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You hear so much BS on the net about this and some of the reasons people give makes me wonder if they even work on guitars.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Fear not Toe, I was able to parse your reply and correct your slip-up.

Everything went without a hiccup. It's currently about 2mm bass side and a little under that treble side. Did not remove tension and my trem has not undergone spontaneous combustion.

Thanks for the help,

G
      I like EL34s.

Comment

Cool. Glad you got it all settled.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The way I do it is to just pop the springs out of it, turn away, when happy put a little ball of Vaseline on each post where your knives are touching the post. Pop springs back in and play, 9/10 w/o re-tuning. I see it like this, you are turning metal posts. on metal edges right? Which causes friction, which causes wear. So I pop springs, no friction.

Comment

The only time I loosen strings when adjusting action is with TOM's, otherwise those can be hard to turn with your fingers. This is especially true with gold TOM's as they can wear easily. But an OFR? I just have at that sumbich with a hex wrench.

Comment

Working...
            X