Pickup identification and mounting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
    My thoughts would be to try a short piece of rubber tubing (the kind stew mac sells instead of springs for holding up pickups) and see if that could lift the screw off the wire.

BTW, I have a couple of those similar looking pickups with IIRC “INC” on the back. I bought them off this board a few years ago. I think I was told they were Duncan Hot rails, but they sound good if they’re cool rails. I got em specifically because they don’t have the tang and thise are hard to come by.

BTW, nice Lightning!
    Thanks for the tips guys, but I'm going back to stock J/C pups on this one. I've not feeling it with the Duncan humbucker as well.

It's actually "1NC" on the label, and for a rail pup like this with the oval base that means "cool rails". An old "hot rails" would just have the "N" and the builder's initial, for example "NC".

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      It's actually "1NC" on the label, and for a rail pup like this with the oval base that means "cool rails". An old "hot rails" would just have the "N" and the builder's initial, for example "NC".
      Good info, thanks.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Making progress!

Comment

I wondered who got that LOL
          I tried throwing my hat in the ring but glad you got it.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            I wondered who got that LOL
            I tried throwing my hat in the ring but glad you got it.
            Yeah I WAS in a selling mode, but then this damn thing popped up. So much for that!

So the woodburn neck was a bit of a surprise. It has a matching WO number. I recall some threads on this before, but they seemed inconclusive. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
            X