No announcement yet.

Super Distortion too bright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those blackouts don't do nothing for me, the A8 sure sounded different, almost like it had no mids
    ...and I never knew the Dimebucker was all highs
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

If you know it's wired correctly, then it's pretty much gotta be the guitar. I had one guitar that was mega-bright. You might try something like a Tone Zone or an Invader and see how that works. Or sell the guitar.

Comment

Still doesn't leave a faulty P'up out of the question, it happens with those small wires, even when they're new
        tried to check the resistance?

I just find it very odd that a DiM SD is insanely bright
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Another option is to always have a good eq after your guitar and before the preamp. It can help correct (or enhance any freq you want it to)

Comment

^True. I measure every pickup before I install...so I actually consider it part of the installation process. But if the OP hasn't measured, then I guess it indeed could be a faulty pickup. It's possible the wiring colors are wrong (I've seen that before).....if it's still humbucking, maybe it is actually in parallel instead of series?

Comment

I used the dimarzio wiring schematic.... Hmm wondering if the pickup is faulty. I have couple different SD customs waiting on me to figure which guitar to stick them in so I guess this will get the custom 5 or the A8 just not sure which
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Pretty sure it was my control pot, went to switch the pickup out and the guitar was dead after putting the TB14 in it...oh well cheap pots I guess
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                X