No announcement yet.

Wiring a momentary killswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes i know how stereo jacks work, my confusion comes from the fact that even though i didn't have the guitar plugged in the battery would still drain.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
      Yes i know how stereo jacks work, my confusion comes from the fact that even though i didn't have the guitar plugged in the battery would still drain.
      that should not happen...
      GEAR:
      #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
      #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
      #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
      #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
      #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
      AMPS:
      1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
      ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Hence my confusion.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The jack may have been wired backwards so the battery was always being drained, whether it was plugged in or not. Unless you were using those Dollar Store batteries with brand names like "High Power" or "Super Power" or "Never-Ready by Ray-O-Vac" instead of "Duracell" or "Energizer".
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well it's impossible to troubleshoot now, but I'd disconnect the guitar cord and disconnect the battery and read the ohms across the battery connector. It should be an open circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                The jack may have been wired backwards so the battery was always being drained, whether it was plugged in or not. Unless you were using those Dollar Store batteries with brand names like "High Power" or "Super Power" or "Never-Ready by Ray-O-Vac" instead of "Duracell" or "Energizer".
                Or, for that matter, Duracell and Energizer bought at the dollar store. - They're usually defective or Chinese fakes.

Comment

Working...
                X