Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunlop "Flushmount" Straplock install - Will I hit my trussrod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been discussed many, many times. I use the dunlops in nearly every one of my guitars, and have for years and years. I too have put them through a hell of a work out. Practices, shows, etc... never had one fail. Never had one start to bind, or stick. If I had that sort of problem, I too would react that way. However they have performed flawlessly for me. My advice. Use what your comfortable with.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

The ONLY drawback to the Schallers (which I use) is the little knob that disengages the lock can protrude a bit. Kinda of a pain if it's a back of body mount like my CS Star or the Hamer Vector.

Comment

Anybody used LOXX Straplocks? They were originally designed for the maritime industry, they look really cool and have a lower profile than Dunlop or Schaller straplocks: http://www.loxxusa.com/
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I have never seen the LOXX before. I just watched their video, and the question I have is, you still attach the strap by tightening the piece with their wrench. So that has the potential to loosen up. There isn't a "E" clip or retaining nut like on other systems to give you some security. On the other end. Is it working with magnets, or is it using a spring tension system too? It looks well made, like most German stuff is. The second video was removed do to "copy right infringement". This is interesting. Tells me maybe that their system isn't unlike Schaller, or Dunlop, or someones after all.
          Last edited by veemagic; 03-12-2014, 08:16 AM.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Schallers are nice but can be noisy once worn a little. Make sure to mount the U shape for extra support if the locking bit has an issue.

The other ones I like are the leather loops that are about an inch long.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
              The ONLY drawback to the Schallers (which I use) is the little knob that disengages the lock can protrude a bit. Kinda of a pain if it's a back of body mount like my CS Star or the Hamer Vector.
              +1 Bro!!! That little fucker stabs me in the thigh when I sit while playing my KV2's.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X