Musikraft necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
    I want to go with a Super D in the bridge any rec's on middle and neck positions?
    SD Hot Rails.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
      SD Hot Rails.
      Never liked those for some reason. I was thinking of going vintage or cool rails. The HRs always sounded harsh to me in my Iron Maiden strat and I didn't want to change them so I sold the guitar, didn't help that I never could bond with it
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

No worries- I didn't design 'em I will say this: depending on the amp you go thru and whatever (if any) fx you throw in there, the HR's came in with the best HB tone in a SC size. Period. I prefer HB's in my neck positions so, I put them in all my neck position axes requiring an SC as the best substitute for an HB.

Comment

Yeah I know you didn't. I have a bridge vintage rails but not sure if I want the bridge for the neck or the middle position
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Wow - the Neck and guitar look awesome. That must be upgraded maple. What is your opinion of the Musikraft thin C profile. How does it feel and compare?

Comment

i tried wax for the 1st time recently thought it made it feel odd. it was tacky but slick....well waxy....

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
                Wow - the Neck and guitar look awesome. That must be upgraded maple. What is your opinion of the Musikraft thin C profile. How does it feel and compare?
                I love how it feels, very close to the 2 Pro-mods I have. My neck was thin lacquered and I couldn't be happier with it. The figuring really pops on it too. I think I'll be ordering more from them
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                  I love how it feels, very close to the 2 Pro-mods I have. My neck was thin lacquered and I couldn't be happier with it. The figuring really pops on it too. I think I'll be ordering more from them
                  They are good guys and they are now going 7 string necks. I may need to build me a 7!

Comment

I didn't see a 7 string body in there options. Hope they do some soon. Warmoth is getting ridiculous with their pricing
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yup, they are there. 2nd last on the list of Custom Necks. They has several wood and fret board options - also 12, 16 or Compound Radius 12-16 FB.

Comment

Lol those are necks not bodies
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Sorry, my bad . I make my own bodies and only get the necks from Musikraft. Just did not read your post correctly. I have picked up a few bodies from Musikraft before I started making them and they are also excellent. Great tone woods and very exact. Perhaps you could email or call scott to see if they would make a 7 string body for you. They have made a few off menu things for me in the past.

Comment

I've owned 3 muskraft necks and they were all excellent ordering another one in May.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                              Musikraft makes some nice stuff, not musikraft but my Dave Murray/Glenn Tipton wanna be
                              Is that neck an actual Jackson, or did you add a label? That think is awesome!
                              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Working...
                              X