No announcement yet.

Strange Smears? on a Satin Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input..let me correct myself here.i don't know why I said soap n water cause I don't and never have done this.its what I read a time or two.so.sorry for that don't know why I said it like that.but as far as it becoming shiny..thats not the case.its fine in that regards,its something bleeding through like straycat said..and pianoguy said.its not shiny. but,theres these sick looking blotches or chemical lookin stuff coming through the finish and its getting worse the more the guitar hits the air..oh well I cant stop it so,,what do I do.you know..im playing the bad boy that all that matters..oh..i forgot to tell ya what it is..its an ESP Formula fr..not available.in the US..Japan market only...and already discontinued..very rare piece.only a few were made and didnt sell well at all..i think its a sweet lookin body style..check em out...there bad ass looking..ESP Formula fr.in satin black.black pearl binding all the way around...and man, it plays like no other guitar I ever owned.no shit..its just phenominal..but hey guys thanks for everything..I cant load a pic of my guitar or I would've already.but I will keep trying.thank again...Go Bless..Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Bear R.- View Post
      hey thanks guys but I really think what (pianoguyy) said is true..i will try that windex type stuff but it looks to be coming from the inside out.like the movie aliens.ha,ha..and hey..go wash your nuts lefty.at .ha,ha..thanks all.and God Bless...Barry
      It's too damn cold outside to run my nuts through today.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear R.- View Post
        Thanks for all the input..let me correct myself here.i don't know why I said soap n water cause I don't and never have done this.its what I read a time or two.so.sorry for that don't know why I said it like that.but as far as it becoming shiny..thats not the case.its fine in that regards,its something bleeding through like straycat said..and pianoguy said.its not shiny. but,theres these sick looking blotches or chemical lookin stuff coming through the finish and its getting worse the more the guitar hits the air..oh well I cant stop it so,,what do I do.you know..im playing the bad boy that all that matters..oh..i forgot to tell ya what it is..its an ESP Formula fr..not available.in the US..Japan market only...and already discontinued..very rare piece.only a few were made and didnt sell well at all..i think its a sweet lookin body style..check em out...there bad ass looking..ESP Formula fr.in satin black.black pearl binding all the way around...and man, it plays like no other guitar I ever owned.no shit..its just phenominal..but hey guys thanks for everything..I cant load a pic of my guitar or I would've already.but I will keep trying.thank again...Go Bless..Barry
        That's weird. Open a photobucket account or something where you can host pics and then post them here.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see a picture of this too.

And I'd like to know how soap and water are bad for paint... You soap and water auto paint... most guitar manufacturers use auto paint. Of course, you don't want to soak the guitar, or let the water soak into any electronics or areas that aren't painted... but how is soap and water going to be bad for a paint job? Personally, I'd never do it, I use chemical cleaners. lol
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you buff a satin finish it will become glossy,

so rubbing against a satin finish can make it go glossy, along with natural skin oils from playing

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
              If you buff a satin finish it will become glossy,

so rubbing against a satin finish can make it go glossy, along with natural skin oils from playing
              That's what I've been saying all along. Barry seems to think otherwise...
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                That's weird. Open a photobucket account or something where you can host pics and then post them here.
                I will do this TOEJAM..your gonna trip out .If i can get a pic of these things you will trip ..its nothing I ever seen before.but i will try and get some pics ok. asap.ok..thanks..Barry..
                Last edited by Bear R.-; 01-25-2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

im telling ya..these are not glossy spots.there God awful smudges or somthing..like an over spray of a chemical that didn't get wiped off all the way..then they painted right over this stuff..now it's bleeding through.its weird crap man..but give me a minute and I will snap some shots of this stuff.ok..it might be a day or so but hang in there.i will post some pics..ok...see ya soon.i will be back guys..thanks..God Bless..Barry
                  Last edited by Bear R.-; 01-25-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X