No announcement yet.

Need to get an old-school Floyd post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think that’s a JT-6 type bushing/post. The bushing looks too narrow. IIRC the diameter of the JT6 bushing was one of the widest I’ve seen measuring 0.5 inch. I’ve seen the type used above in ’86 era Floyded Jacksons, just after the wood screws were the norm. This was before the JT6 Floyd came out so I always figured what is posted above was sourced by Floyd, but never got any confirmation of this.

They both have coarse threads but I don’t know if they match up. They also both have large type hex screws, but not sure if it’s the same size. The JT6 had some type of black paint that was easily scraped off versus this kind which was more of a real plating. BTW, I have seen this fracture only w this type, not the JT6, as shocking as that sounds (at least to me)!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I'm at work at the moment and have a gig tonight. So I'll check either when I get home this evening or tomorrow evening. Will let you know as soon as I can check out my stash

JP

Comment

I have the same exact posts on my San Dimas Soloist. And I had the same type of break, too. It's a JT6 style post. They might've been slightly different prototypes before the JT6 was later rolled out with the imports, but they weren't sourced through Floyd. Think about it: Jackson was still requiring customers to send in OFRs, if that was spec'd on their custom orders (I did). And they were also about to roll out their own Floyd-licensed trem. So they weren't getting anything sourced from Floyd itself, which still had an exclusive deal with Kramer at the time.

Comment

http://www.wdmusic.com/floyd_rose_bridge_screws.html
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Not the same thing, lefty. I doubt those would even fit.

Comment

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/Charvel...%20-%20usa.htm

And see bushing cover photos for the answer on that size issue. It's the same bushing, just uncovered.

Comment

Glad you guys can get frets on the net to answer your emails.
                I can't even get in to place an order with budman.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Not the same thing, lefty. I doubt those would even fit.
                  Then how about these? http://www.fretsonthenet.com/Charvel...%20charvel.htm
                  This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah, budman's a busy guy. Sometimes hard to get a hold of. He's great to deal with, though. A+ in my book.

Comment

The older Ibanez edge posts will work, threads are the same but the Allen key head is slightly smaller.

Comment

Working...
                      X