Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean and oil a rosewood fretboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use basic lemon oil...use it every time i restring...keeps the fretboard in good shape...if i buy a used and abused guitar i'll usually do it 2-3 times as it soaks in rather quickly...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Gerlitz guitar honey does an OK job too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Rosewood is closed grain and non-porous. You can use just about anything to clean or finish it.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Fret Doctor works great!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            Rosewood is closed grain and non-porous. You can use just about anything to clean or finish it.
            Uhm, sure you're not thinking about ebony? Every rosewood board I've ever seen had obviously "open" grain and was pretty porous.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Uhm, sure you're not thinking about ebony? Every rosewood board I've ever seen had obviously "open" grain and was pretty porous.
              Okey dokey. Umm... Ebony is open grain. Apply something to it, it will soak it up. Rosewood is closed grain... apply something to it and watch it bead up.

And you wonder why we don't play well...

/sigh
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Wasn't prodding you bud, I'm not perfect and don't mind learning new stuff. If I was incorrect I don't mind extending my hand and saying so.
                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

cough

Last edited by Boxcar Willie 84; 12-29-2013, 10:55 AM. Reason: I can't post an image right lolz

Comment

I prefer Hershey's chocolate syrup..the kind you mix into a glass of milk. it darkens the wood nicely and tastes great too.
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                    X