Ebony fretboard cleaner advice...looking for alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
    Just naptha'd all of my boards, and holy smokes does that stuff really lighten it up! If I didn't know that a few drops of lemon oil would darken it back up I'da been cursing all of you . I did hit with a good conditioning swipes of lemon oil and to be honest....it REALLY looks better. I thought it looked good before, but now you can actually see the pores of the rosewood to their depths. I really like the way it came out!
    Just like I said in this thread earlier. The first time I used Naptha I thought I ruined the board it lightened up so much. But like Sully said the board doesn't really lighten up all that much. That's just what it looks like when all of the dirt and oils are removed from the wood. This is why the follow up is so important. It's definitely the best way to go when cleaning a fret board in my opinion. The job it does is awesome and the board looks and feels way better than it did at the start.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
    X