Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean dust out of Valve Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water, huh, thats for amatuers. I use steam, cleans like you won't believe!! The only problem is that sometimes all the plastic gets a little gooey, but it really gets things shiny.

Comment

Btw does the age of the tubes affect gain? Like how light bulbs get dimmer with age.

I ask because 2nd dark terror doesnt sound as gainy as the new one i tried instore alwell 2 SLEEPS MY BIRTHDAY N THE ARRIVAL OF MY FIRST CAB WOOI HOOO
      USA Jackson RR1
      Charvel Model 6
      Jackson Performer-2
      Orange Dark Terror
      EVH 5150 LBX
      Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        You know I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake. I took a hose that had been sitting for about 6 months in my lawn without being used, and blasted a stream of dirty, dark rust-colored water straight into the amp. So fine, that's on me. But what's pissing me straight off is that nowhere in the Bogner users manual does it make it clear what you should or shouldn't do in regards to cleaning the amp. So that's on them. I took this amp to a couple of quote unquote "electronics repair guys" yesterday, and all they want to do is laugh and make funny jokes. Ha ha. Their loss, because they missed out on this repair work as well as the repair work that needs to be done on my other Bogner (I added a Variac circuit myself and it's pretty close to being perfect except now it has the same master volume glitch). I met an unemployed TV repairman on Craigslist who can do ALL the repairs for a fraction of the cost. So who's laughing now??
        I was going to suggest yelling down the phone at the amp manufacturers support line. Because everyone knows that's the only way to get those sacks of shit to do the right thing when they unreasonably refuse to honour gear warranties. It's complete bullshit that they try to weasel out of it because you made some mods to make their shitty amp kick even more ass.

But it sounds like you've got it all under control, man. I'll have to get the number of that tv repair guy so he can totally make me a custom 5 channel amp next time I'm in town. I should have enough saved up from my paper route by then.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X