Axmax trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
    Yeah, but we're talking about dropping D in the flick of a switch, no tuning necessary, or else every guitar is standard equipped with a D-tuna
    "This car doesn't have a turbo,... but you can step out and push!"
    LOL yeah I hear what you're saying.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Did I read this correctly?
      Built in sustain block? So you have to buy a new trem if you want to switch from a recessed guitar to a non-recessed?
      And who the hell thinks running stainless steel bolts into brass is a good idea? Any over pressure on the stainless components and the brass will strip out.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Did I read this correctly?
        Built in sustain block? So you have to buy a new trem if you want to switch from a recessed guitar to a non-recessed?
        And who the hell thinks running stainless steel bolts into brass is a good idea? Any over pressure on the stainless components and the brass will strip out.
        +1 Stainless will strip brass out.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I guess it's human nature to try to improve something that already works
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I guess it's human nature to try to improve something that already works
            +1 But I don't think anyone is going to come up with something better or more durable than the Titanium Floyd for quite a while. Floyd's are damn near perfect as is in my opinion. I love them and I honestly think if you know how to set them up and maintain them properly they're just about as good as it gets in the Tremolo world. I recently put the Titanium saddles on my KV2 and they're definitely an upgrade. I wish they had the whole titanium unit in left handed but for now I have to settle for titanium saddles only. Just another reason why it sucks to be left handed.

Comment

the only serious problem with a floyd is when it's floating and you break a string
              you'll have wear and tear with any system you can come up with
              sustain is subjective, I only have 1 guitar that could do with a fix in that department, and my sole fixed bridge Epi isn't the best sustaining in the bunch

Looking at this day and age, we could install a Gibson Robot tech using tremolo ("Dive-By-Wire") that stays rigid for increased sustain in neutral position,
              the ability to pull or dive in tune (or not, friggin conservative guitarbastards), remain full usable if a string breaks and able to tune to any key you want
              with an option for a built in sustainer and piezo

...but not at the price, durability reliability of an OFR
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

the only serious problem with a floyd is when it's floating and you break a string
                you'll have wear and tear with any system you can come up with
                sustain is subjective, I only have 1 guitar that could do with a fix in that department, and my sole fixed bridge Epi isn't the best sustaining in the bunch

Looking at this day and age, we could install a Gibson Robot tech using tremolo ("Dive-By-Wire") that stays rigid for increased sustain in neutral position,
                the ability to pull or dive in tune (or not, friggin conservative guitarbastards), remain full usable if a string breaks and able to tune to any key you want
                with an option for a built in sustainer and piezo

...but not at the price, durability reliability of an OFR
                +1 Yeah I agree bro!

Comment

I saw this video because someone posted it on my Google+ page. I don't know if he made it or not,BUT whoever did should be given credit because that is some NICE machine work there.

It's cool to know a old-school machinist like Floyd Rose changed the guitar world as much as he did with the OFR. Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Yeah, but we're talking about dropping D in the flick of a switch, no tuning necessary, or else every guitar is standard equipped with a D-tuna
                    "This car doesn't have a turbo,... but you can step out and push!"
                    I know. I was being sarcastic in my response.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                      I agree. I know Kahlers work but they are more complicated and therefore require more maintenance. I applaud this guy for trying to push tremolo design forward but in my opinion this bridge doesn't do that. The design of the OFR is really tough to improve on.
                      +1 I agree 100% bro! I have had a few Kahler trems and they worked great but they did require more maintenance than the Floyd does. Like I said in this thread "It's going to be quite a while before somebody comes up with something better than the Titanium Floyd" I don't even have a whole Titanium Floyd either I just have the saddles because they haven't made a left handed Titanium Floyd yet. JMO
                      Last edited by leftykingv2; 11-27-2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I remember seeing this a while back. Reinventing the wheel... I don't see the innovation in machining the radius in the baseplate for instance. I think Ibanez have taken the Floyd where it needs to be with the Edge Zero trem; now that's a feat of engineering.
                        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                        X