No announcement yet.

San Dimas RR1 w/EMG's wired 3x's and still a hum!!! Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about that red wire from the toggle? are any of the stray bare wires touching anything? i know u said u checked the output jack but maybe do a double check on the grounds and tip. the battery ground to the wrong lug could also cause noise. sometimes limited space in the jack route can cause tabs to bend and touch something it shouldnt. other than that i have no idea. it cant be the guitar itself tho. has to be something in the wiring.

Comment

The bleed thru is due to the pickups going to the center lug instead of the left lug. Pickup goes to left lug then center to switch. The hum is probably cus the control plate is creating a ground loop. Drop the controls out and put masking tape on the under side where the controls go. Then resintall the controls. The switch design doesn't matter. It serves the same function as the SG, Les Paul style switch. Also make sure the jack is wired correctly. reversed hot and ground will cause the same problem.
      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        The bleed thru is due to the pickups going to the center lug instead of the left lug. Pickup goes to left lug then center to switch. The hum is probably cus the control plate is creating a ground loop. Drop the controls out and put masking tape on the under side where the controls go. Then resintall the controls. The switch design doesn't matter. It serves the same function as the SG, Les Paul style switch. Also make sure the jack is wired correctly. reversed hot and ground will cause the same problem.
        Gil

And BINGO was his name o' !!!!! Wired the pickup to the outside lug and ran center lug to switch, installed a few layers of tape between the controls and success!!!!
        I wandered about that arn control plate and never thought to use tape. Thanks to everyone for there input and helping me eliminate and track down the culprit. It was just a matter of time.

Again thanks for the valued input. JCF rules!!
        Gary

Comment

good deal glad you got it figured out

Comment

Gil to the rescue!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome news bro! Glad it worked out for you. Now crank that Rhoads up!!!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Satisfaction!

Comment

Working...
                X