No announcement yet.

Setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, a 1meg pot with a bright pickup like a Screamin' Demon.....and a guitar that is likely bright to begin with = not a good combo. Since there is just a volume control, I'd go for a 250K pot.

1meg pots do have occasional uses: like with excessively dark guitars and/or pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
      Where would I put a resistor I have a few 1k and 470k
      Put the 470k resistor on the outside lugs of the pot. This will get you to about 320k (will differ depending on what the pot and resistor actually measure). But it messes with the taper of the pot. If you only want to test what it sounds like turned all the way up, then this should work fine.

Comment

Nobody bothered to ask if the P'up is wired correctly?
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
          Good point. I'd start by tapping the poles with something metal just to make sure that both coils are hooked up and working. If they are, then yeah, check the wiring. It could be wired in parallel instead of seires, which is bright and single-coil-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            That's what I meant when I told him to check his solder joints about 20 posts back.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
              Where would I put a resistor I have a few 1k and 470k
              Ah, I posted a link for you that has absolutely all the info you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                Ah, I posted a link for you that has absolutely all the info you need.
                That's a really good link too MattB!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

That made it a lot better thank you guys I put Jj's in the preamp and its great now I just have to get rid of those scooped speakers and I'm good. For now anyways.
                  “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Working...
                  X