Setup help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome looking axe Stray!!!
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I don't mind the regular one Jackson used in my KV2's. I do believe it's a 500K CTS.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Jackson uses CTS pots on the USA's
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
          When I put a Demon in the Bridge of My prestige Ibanez it was too bright and then I lowered it and it fixed the problem. .
          Depending on which prestige it may have come stock with the QM1/QM2 pup's, I freaking have a love affair with them. If it did have them, what didn't you like?
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Maybe try/borrow another guitar before venturing into mods?

Comment

If you need to shave a little high end off your tone, short of using a lower value volume pot you can also use resistors in parallel with it to essentially tune your tone.

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/potm.htm

I bought a bunch of resistors from Mouser.com which I intend to use to do just that.

Comment

Where would I put a resistor I have a few 1k and 470k
                “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

I have a 1m volume pot I'm guessing that May be the problem how much of a difference would a 500k pot actually make?
                  “On Ecstasy, Joan Rivers looks like Pamela Anderson, so imagine what Pamela Anderson looked like.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    Depending on which prestige it may have come stock with the QM1/QM2 pup's, I freaking have a love affair with them. If it did have them, what didn't you like?
                    It didn't come stock with the QM1/QM2. The guitar I am talking about is a RG-1550-ML it had horrible stock pick ups in it! V7-V8-S-1. They just sounded like shit to me plain and simple. There's really no way to describe it because as we all know a pick ups sounds
                    is suggestive to the person listening to it. Now it has a Demon in the bridge a 59 in the neck and a cool rail in the middle. I must say the guitar sounds way better than it did with the stock pick ups.
                    Last edited by leftykingv2; 10-17-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
                      Where would I put a resistor I have a few 1k and 470k
                      These are all questions Straycat can answer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikamee14 View Post
                        I have a 1m volume pot I'm guessing that May be the problem how much of a difference would a 500k pot actually make?
                        1 meg is brighter than a 500k. 500k would be warmer, and 250k would make things even warmer/darker.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played an RG770 some years ago with the V7/S1/V8 pickups and thought it sounded good. This was through a Marshall Artist head (the small one - 3203 IIRC? - with the green tolex) and TubeWorks 4x12 in an isolation box. Didn't have any Duncans on hand to compare them to, of course, but even going straight in, I didn't mind the tone at all.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            1 meg is brighter than a 500k. 500k would be warmer, and 250k would make things even warmer/darker.
                            I think that might be a big part of it, my brothers guitar sounds great through my amp and he has a maple body which is ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I played an RG770 some years ago with the V7/S1/V8 pickups and thought it sounded good. This was through a Marshall Artist head (the small one - 3203 IIRC? - with the green tolex) and TubeWorks 4x12 in an isolation box. Didn't have any Duncans on hand to compare them to, of course, but even going straight in, I didn't mind the tone at all.
                              Like I said all suggestive to the listener. I personally have never played a Dimarzio that I've ever liked either and I've tried plenty of them. I am a Duncan and EMG guy through and through.

Comment

Take the 1 meg out and try a 500k I'll bet you will hear a difference.
                                I see no reason for a 1 meg vol pot in any guitar YMMV.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X