No announcement yet.

RR3 without a ground wire????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I had to drill the hole for the ground wire and the wood was very dark. I thought these were poplar or alder bodies? The wood color was pretty close to what I've seen of mahogany. It is trans red. Put a J80 pickup in it and I'm wondering why I haven't put it in anything yet. Sounds really good. Wondering what an equivalent would be in Duncan or Dimarzio would be.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

These are from a while ago of a RR3 I modded up a bit

I replaced the stock Pup's with SH 2-6 B/N, upgraded the pots and used solid core wire when re-wiring. I included the cavity shots front/back for you to be able to compare too.... These are good guitars, great for their price
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

The neck pickup route went to the bridge pickup then to the cavity. It's stamped RR3 on the neck and body but the pocket is a lot darker than yours Jayster. It's the same color too
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

good deal. i just remembered that my rhoads pro did have a wire to the plate, but none of my rr3s had one.

Comment

It could be a Cedro body. It's a mahogany looking wood. It should be grounded to the claw. If you have problems with atchaing the wire to the claw try scratching the claw with a file or something sharp and abrasive, It could be brass and wont hold rosin core solder.
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X