No announcement yet.

Old Neck-Thru Bodies Life Expectancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got one guitar (neckthrough) that requires constant truss rod adjustments to correct the backbow. The neck wants to fold over backwards. Every week it's up to F# instead of E.

I've got others I have not adjusted in years and they have not lost or gained one semitone in tuning.

There's no hard-and-fast rule about trussrod adjustments. You do them as needed based on what the neck does, not according to a mathematical formula or schedule.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

One good fret crowning file will set you back $75 bucks so save up your money you will need it.
      Start reading because you need to forget pre conceived notions.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Tools is a big part of the cost. I've watched for years for certain things, found good deals, and made quite a bit of what I've needed (I'm a jet engine mechanic and have access to cool tools..). But without good working tools, don't even bother..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Matt. That almost sounds like the wood wasn't cured or its almost shrinking especially if it keeps happening. Have u tried a set of big strings to try and stabilize it.

Comment

I thought it was stabilized a while back, but ckecked it again the other day and it was up to almost G. Might have to go with 10s instead of 9s.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Once you have the neck set at the relief you like you just adjust up and down or back and forth as the climate dictates. Your travel should always be mostly in the same area of the rod and not consistantly keep going in one direction or another or there's another problem

Comment

Working...
              X