No announcement yet.

Change JT-6 to OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW - I'm assuming everybody referencing "that guy" for the blocks on ebay is talking about hoockey. Blocks are $25-30 shipped.
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

My USA soloist, Jackson strat and Knockouts Lighting strat must be odd balls because a 37mm block with a OFR works just fine. I tried a 42mm plate once and the springs rubbed the back of the cavity plate and wouldn't work correct. Just another inconsistency in Jackson guitars I guess. I never noticed the concern that straycat stated, I will need to pull my two out to see if the E strings are too close to the edge of the fretboard, and I agree on the after the nut lock, I seem to like it better myself.
      I like black and white guitars

Comment

The body might be a little thinner on the Soloist because nothing short of the 42mm block will work on a Model series top mount. The springs rub and catch even with the 37mm...but the 42mm fits perfectly with no rubbing even on the back plate.
        "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
        ENGL Powerball II
        Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
        Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
        Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
        1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
        1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
        2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
        2011 Jackson DK2M Black
        1987 Charvel Model 2 White
        2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
        1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
        1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
        2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
        2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
        2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
        2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
        2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
        2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
        2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
        1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

The E strings are a bit closer to the edge and I can see how it may through someone's leads off a bit, but its nothing people can't get used to...
          I remember I had. Black SL1, that thing had high E so damn close it was almost impossible to play leads or even chords on it. Pretty sure it was a glitch from the factory. I was thinking about replacing the nut or even the trem...but I got used to it and actually forgot about the issue until I traded it and got a nasty gram from the guy who got it.
          Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            The JT-6 is regular spaced and the OFR is Fender spaced (wider string saddle spacing).
            You will notice the two E strings will be closer to the edge of the fingerboard which may cause string pull off issues.
            I like the JT- 6 trems so I never see the need for the mod.
            The after the nut string locks work fine too.Why people bitch about them is beyond me.
            +1 I agree with Stray.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              The after the nut string locks work fine too.Why people bitch about them is beyond me.
              Do you know where to get spare locking plates from? That is my hang up about them, the metal plates develop grooves in them and then won't hold the strings or tune. I think they look magnificient though. Much better looking than a modern floyd nut.
              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
                Do you know where to get spare locking plates from? That is my hang up about them, the metal plates develop grooves in them and then won't hold the strings or tune. I think they look magnificient though. Much better looking than a modern floyd nut.
                Can you flip them over to the other side?

Comment

Yeah I did that and it works fine, but I just wondered for the future. I think someone on here has found some replacement plates from FretontheNet or Stewmac or something, I'II do a search.
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
                  X