No announcement yet.

Maple or Ebony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The neck is baseball bat thick. I don't play it cuz I like my promods so much. I love the body and oiled it myself over 3 days.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Change the pickup or the pots, the fretboard wood won't make a big difference in tone. Personally I like ebony best, and maple right after it for look and feel. Not tone.

Comment

Replace the stock Floyd sustain block with a FU brass block (http://www.fu-tone.com/) - that would be easier than changing pickups or even the neck and it will definitely brighten your tone and make it come to life.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The korina body has a much greater effect on the sound than fret board wood. Lighter weight porous woods always sound dark or bassy. I'm not a big fan of EMGs but I had an 85 in a similar guitar and it sounded huge

Comment

Korina body, floyd's also set up to dive only. I'm thinking ebony will look cooler.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

While the JB does lack low-end, it's perfect for blending in a mix because the bass has its own range to walk around in without the guitar stepping on its toes.

However, there's a few things you can try;

-Lower the Full Shred further into the cavity and raise the coil screws on the treble side
              -Put the JB in and set it lower into the cavity, then raise the coil screws on the bass side
              -Make a JB/FS hybrid, using one coil of each pickup
              -replace the A5 magnet in the JB with a ceramic magnet
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Okay tried everything except changing the pickup. Then I remembered I pull 11s on it. Changed them to 9s and it sounds the way I want it. Still changing the neck, just not liking the Kramer headstock anymore.
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Fair enough but changing the neck will change the sound.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                  X