No announcement yet.

Pickup Suggestions for a SL2H?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go for a Bare Knuckle Holy Diver or Rebel Yell in the bridge, and a VH II in the neck.

Comment

I own a SL2H now with Holydivers and they just rock, the highs are totally under control, something couldn't get with the stock SDs. I think they are very versatile but if you're intending to play mostly modern metal stuff perhaps would go for Alnico V Black Hawks or Nailbombs. Aftermaths are great too but mostly for rhythm stuff.
      Jackson SL2H Transparent Green
      My Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by mohi View Post
        I own a SL2H now with Holydivers and they just rock, the highs are totally under control, something couldn't get with the stock SDs. I think they are very versatile but if you're intending to play mostly modern metal stuff perhaps would go for Alnico V Black Hawks or Nailbombs. Aftermaths are great too but mostly for rhythm stuff.
        +1 Holy Divers are amazing pups!
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Try the blackouts....man I can't argue and played 2 guitars one with the blackouts and one with EMG's and the blackout destroy the EMG's. If you don't like the plastic look get the preamp and go with what is on the guitar.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

In my 1990 Soloist I've got a DiMarzio X2N. Looks like it comes from the future and it sounds great for thrash!
            I had an SD Invader in my Randy Rhoads with the same body woods and construction and it sounded extremely metal. Like when you'd hit two hammers against each other. \m/ haha

Comment

I've got an X2N in my SLXT, nothing but good to say about that p-up. I have Blackouts in my other axe, love those too.

Comment

Working...
              X