No announcement yet.

FRTO2000 vs Floyd Rose Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure I haven't bashed them at all and I'm not talking shit in the least since I'm basically saying they both the special and 1000s series work pretty well. I'm very confused how that conclusion was reached. I am most definitely not trolling.

However, this wouldn't be the first time that something written on a message board has been misinterpreted.

Edit: What I'm trying to get across is that perhaps the special isn't as crappy as some say and the 1000s series isn't "exactly" the same as a schaller-made OFR. That's all.
    Last edited by groverj3; 02-06-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      At one time, there was a model stamped on the top of the baseplate "Floyd Rose Original". I have one. Pretty sure it's a Schaller, as well.
      Yep, indeed made by Schaller. I believe you got that trem from me with the Halford Warrior. From what I remember (I could be wrong) those trems were stamped Original on them when Fender acquired the rights to the Floyd at one time.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That may indeed be where I got it, Joe. It's on a black XT body now, with the Halford wearing a chrome OFR (heh - I have a black guitar with a "FRO" )
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice FRO, bro!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
            Just that the differences between them may be small enough (or nonexistent) that essentially they function the same and can be considered to be of equivalent quality.
            Essentially they're both junky. Sure, they work well if you maintain them properly. JT6's work just fine if they're maintained.

I'm a Gotoh snob. Even OFR's aren't good enough for me anymore.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
            X