No announcement yet.

Strings - a few Q's..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I primarily use GHS Boomers 10-46 or the David Gilmour Boomers 10.5 - 50. I've tried EBs a few times, but they seem to get dull and rusty real quickly (11 -48 Power Slinky or 10-56 7-string Slinky). Been using D'Addarios lately on my 7-strings since they now use a 59 for the low B instead of the 56, and they feel pretty good to me. I may try the Boomers 7 set since it's got a 60 for the B and should be even better tension wise.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      I've never been a huge fan of D'Addarios feel. I've used Dean Markley 9-42 for over 30 years and have only had afew minor issues with them. I had 2 strings lose thier ball ends. and one was kinked in the package and broke when i put it on. That's a pretty great track record for 30 years. There are a round core string vs D'Addarios hex core. Hex core is brighter but is also stiffer feel. dean Markleys are smooth, bend well and are strong. Have great tone and have lasted longer than everything ive tried. including DR's,GHS EB and D'Addario, among others. Anyone who has played my guitars always asks me what the strings are and say they feel amazing.
      Gil
      I actually seem to prefer the hex core of EB, D'Addarios and DR these days, but the old GHS Boomers still work great. Haven't tried Dean Markleys in many, many years.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X