No announcement yet.

does this look gaudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love except maybe the logo, but the gold definitely looks killer on White. Ever since the video for Power Love by Lion came out in the late 80's, I've wanted a 2 hum soloist in white with gold hardware. It worked for Doug Aldrich.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

when i saw the topic i wanted to reply yes...expecting some really garish looking guitar...but yours isn't garish...a little blingy but classy...so it looks fine...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

There are very few guitars where I think that gold hardware looks good, so my vote is to swap in the black.

Comment

Only the headstock logo looks a big gaudy to me. I think a black logo and gold pickup ring would make it perfect.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah ..I putz mo gold on dat azz !!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ok, most ppl like it; several vote no i do think the headstock looks gaudy. well, the thing doesn't stay in tune with that trem. i do have a gold ofr so i guess i'll put that on her and play her until... i feel like changing the hardware to black.

i doubt i'll sell it. sorry, coloradoman. plus i can't seem to get rid of the grid imprint on the back of the body... it's from the cushion inside of the case. any ideas? i tried "goo gone" but it didn't work.

Comment

With sully on this one - too much
                I like EL34s.

Comment

I haven't replied yet because my answer will always be the same. It'll look better with black hardware. Every guitar will. I'm very one dimensional about this and many other things.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Leave it.
                    How did you do the logo?
                    actually i bought this guitar on ebay as is now so i didn't do the headstock. but unfortunately it's a decal not waterslide, and it's cleared that way (with no sanding) , so you run your finger over it and you feel the bumpiness of the logo.... at first i thought it was carved on there then thought about it and realized it's just a thick a$$ decal sticker and cleared over it.

Comment

In a sea of guitars that all look the same.. that one stands out. I like it just the way it is.
                      It would probably look even better if you swapped the black pickups for creme or maybe some custom painted gold pickups.

Comment

Working...
                      X