No announcement yet.

Floyd Upgrades review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course the Earvana is backed up for a "few" months! wtf!

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
      I am surprised on this one you truly noticed that much of a resonant difference, what size block was on it before? My experience with them is the difference is much more relative to the quality of what your replacing.
      Believe me, i'm just as surprised. The original block was the stock 32mm that comes with the OFR.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I'm a longtime proponent of Floyd Upgrade blocks, wrote the "Big-Block Shootout" and did the clips for it. I love them, I'm even using the Copper ones. I haven't tried the heavy-duty noiseless springs, didn't have that issue with the standard noiseless ones. I'd also strongly recommend trying the Titanium string lock inserts, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 197666 View Post
          Of course the Earvana is backed up for a "few" months! wtf!
          Didn't they get a C&D from Ernie Ball or someone because they had compensated nuts patented?

As for the upgrades, I love my brass block in my Model 4. For my PRS Torero SE, I used a tungsten block because I wanted to keep my full dive/pull-up range. Both made noticeable differences acoustically.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
            Didn't they get a C&D from Ernie Ball or someone because they had compensated nuts patented?

As for the upgrades, I love my brass block in my Model 4. For my PRS Torero SE, I used a tungsten block because I wanted to keep my full dive/pull-up range. Both made noticeable differences acoustically.
            As far as I know, they're making another batch of the Earvana Floyd Nuts, but I preordered one and haven't heard anything back from them...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/tech...t-earvana.html

This is what I'm referring to, from a quick Google. I remember hearing about it awhile back.

Comment

Well I hope they aren't dicking me around!

Comment

Thanks for the review man. I've been watching the vids on the FU site and really want to do the same.

So what I've gathered here is:

1.) probably best to pass on the L block.

2.) 37mm brass block will fit just fine with the cavity cover on (my OCD prevents me from leaving it off) if you're not doing super ridiculous pull-ups?

Comment

I have Earvana Locking Nuts on all my jacksons and a Earvana nut on mu Schecter Ultra. They are great. They had better keep building them. But an adjustable version would be great for a total retool of my guitars. LOL
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
                    X