No announcement yet.

stronger wallhanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you need drywall anchors. I had my LP custom which is 12.1 pounds on those for many months. no problems. I used to have over 20 guitars hanging from 8-12 pounds and never had em pull out. Just gotta use Sheetrock anchors .

The ones that come with Hercules hangers are for masonry walls. kinda stupid since most of us don't have brick walls!

Comment

These hangers cannot be reversed. I'm gonna have to fill the holes and drill new ones. If the Warrior is reconfigured (no battery, no JE-1500), it should help reduce the weight issue.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
        I use the Hercules hangers (with the plain metal mounting plate). I ran a 1x4 along the wall first, screwing it into the studs. Then, I mounted the hangers into that. I painted the 1x4 to match the rest of the trim in the room so it doesn't look out of place. It seems to be holding up well.
        Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
        +1 What MetalDaze said, although I left mine natural. I have 6 hangers on that piece of wood with NO worries.
        This!!!! Even with cheap old string swings......

***** Does not hold up to fire.....
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
          I was told that it's bad to hang guitars, like they do at guitar stores. Doesn't that add pressure to the base where the neck and body meet?
          This is an old wives tale. Probably created by someone who couldn't afford a wall hanger.

Others I love:

"You should never take all the strings off because it can fuck up the neck". Well the thing wasn't built with the strings on it.

"If you have never adjusted a truss rod then don't. It is easy to fuck up the neck". Nope. Just don't reef on it, and be sure to turn it in small increments. Hell, I've even gone a half turn before, checked it, turned it back 1/4 turn, checked it and went back another 1/2 turn. Never had an issue.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            ***** Does not hold up to fire.....

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
            X