Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting a Liscenced Floyd in an Ibanez. Question? Sully....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it routed out and it looks good. Now to do a complete set up on it an a lot of hope that it will work. Thanks again.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

what licensed did you end up using?

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
        what licensed did you end up using?
        It was out of an old Squire Stagemaster. One of the better ones I've seen it had a brass block on it, not a very big one. The knife edges are in good shape aswell.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

floating or dive-only?

Comment

It's gonna be floating. I do all of mine as dive only but thats because I'm the only guitar in my band and I can switch between standard and drop d with a few turns of the e fine tuner. I'm hoping I took out enough wood to get a good pull up.

Comment

lol enough wood for a good pull. on a more serious note i hate my floating trem. i have a trem stop ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                Oh and BTW Sully, more videos coming soon????
                Good question! I’ve tried to write a brief answer for you, but clearly you already know my penchant for yammering on. So with that in mind…..

The videos have been a lot of fun to do, but while I’ve been filming these things and sharing over the years, my main purpose has been to get a guitar company established. I noticed when I did those two fretting videos that it killed an entire weekend. That was kind of an eye opener. Shooting all of it, trying to sound relatively coherent, trying to make it somewhat entertaining, and editing it all later takes a lot of time; time that quite frankly, needs to be spent on completing customer orders. Since I don’t build guitars full time, I have very limited time available, and I need to spend it more wisely.

I’ve been meaning to do a brief update of what I’ve been doing, and will probably get around to it, but I don’t foresee more than a couple of quick hits here and there over the next few months, and possibly going forward. I hate saying that, because let’s face it, those videos have helped me a lot, and I’m super aware of that. I’m happy that anyone finds them useful or at least mildly entertaining, and I’m incredibly grateful for that. On the other hand, I’ve stopped accepting any new guitar builds at least until October of this year so that I can finish the orders that I have now, and complete a couple more prototypes. Thankfully. I’ve got some things in place to add some automation, so hopefully I won’t need to stop taking orders for long periods of time in the future.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, you do awesome work. I hear you about time constraints, there's guitars in my collection that I have'nt touched in over a year and 2 amps that need fixed and..... Something like what I'm doing here is way more important to me. If only everyone cared.

Comment

There's a lot of space around it and the springs are very short. The E strings are awful close to the side's of the neck, but very usable.

Comment

Working...
                    X