No announcement yet.

J-85 kinda trebly but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I routed a plywood strat that I traded a cable for and put the neck humbucker that came stock in my RG in the bridge. Silly as hell, but actually sounds pretty damn good

Comment

Nice. Yeah I thought of doin a bunch of crazy things. When I was playin out alot I almost routed one of my guitars so I could take my wireless transmitter out of its box and mount it in the guitar w a battery compartment so people would think I wasnt even plugged in lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
        Nice. Yeah I thought of doin a bunch of crazy things. When I was playin out alot I almost routed one of my guitars so I could take my wireless transmitter out of its box and mount it in the guitar w a battery compartment so people would think I wasnt even plugged in lol
        Haha that's awesome. I'd still rather have a long cable than wireless personally

Comment

Yeah im glad I didnt. It woulda been hard to resell that bad boy ha ha. Well ill try that resistor idea and see what I think. Thanks.

Comment

You can tweak resistor values too to roll off more/less highs. All you're doing is altering the cut-off frequency of the low-pass filter formed by the potentiometer's internal resistance and the extra resistor in parallel.

Comment

Fyi this didnt end with a desirable affect. If youre not happy w a j85 then pick somethin else lol

Comment

what all did you try?

Comment

Originally posted by neptoess View Post
                  If you don't want to affect the neck and mid pickups, and have a master volume pot, you can wire a resistor (470K probably) from the trebly pickup's hot (the lead going into the switch) to ground. This way, it's like the pickup is always going through a 500K pot fully open. Then, whenever you flip the switch to a position that uses that pickup, it will be put through the 500K master volume. This gives R1*R2/(R1+R2) ohm equivalent resistance. 500K*470K/970K = 242K. This will make the bridge pickup sound like it has a 250K volume, while the rest sound like the regular 500K volume.
                  I just tried this. Guess I should say it didnt provide my desired effect. Someone else may like it.

Comment

it's never worked for me either. ive found that if i dont like a pup thru a single 500k vol i wont like it. they tend to sound too muddy through lower resistances to me :p

Comment

Working...
                    X