Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know i can....
    but can i please get the answer to the ques. i asked
    please suggest me the production models in which i could try out the diff. neck shapes and radii

Comment

I don't think you can get them to do the Angel of Deth graphic for your Custom Shop. If I were you, I'd just find an old beat to shit KV1 or KV Pro, (both Mustaine signatures), and get a renowned artist like Mike Learn to paint it, either the dragon graphic or the *sigh* Angel of Death graphic. It'd be way cheaper in the long run, and much more plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
        I don't think you can get them to do the Angel of Deth graphic for your Custom Shop. If I were you, I'd just find an old beat to shit KV1 or KV Pro, (both Mustaine signatures), and get a renowned artist like Mike Learn to paint it, either the dragon graphic or the *sigh* Angel of Death graphic. It'd be way cheaper in the long run, and much more plausible.
        +1 on that Yash

But if you want a custom shop, and want to try out some necks: Play ANY Jacksons that are available to you, and see what neck you like the best and go from there.

Comment

I have a USA SLS that originally came with the Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz set. I didn't much care for them in this guitar and I did many pickup swaps and wiring options in it. I eventually went with the Mustaine Livewires set (mostly for the look of the black chrome covers, admittedly!) and I gotta say I absolutely LOVE them! I know they are supposedly "just an active version of the JB/Jazz" but they sound NOTHING alike to my ears. Of course, this guitar is mahogany with a maple cap, so that may have something to do with it, but as of now these are my favorite pickups!
          Last edited by DalyTek; 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM.
          My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Poplar and alder are very similar in tone, so that's not a big deal. And Dave uses the "speed neck" shape with smaller (medium jumbo) frets.
            As far as the regular JB/Jazz and the Mustaine Livewires go, they're pretty much the same, just the active version has a tiny bit more gain and tighter bass response. I'm not normally a big fan of the JB, but the Livewires version sounds pretty good to me.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

thanks for the help guys...... now , i might just go with the liveires.... pu are set... 75%-livewire, 25%-jb/jazz..... but i still wanna do some ear testing
              bridge - kahler 3300 set.....
              and i cannot get a renowned artist to paint my guitar coz i live in india, not US
              and i couldnt dind any beat up kv1 or kv pro yet......
              i'll reply after 6 hrs..... aftr studying..
              bye

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                +1 on that Yash

But if you want a custom shop, and want to try out some necks: Play ANY Jacksons that are available to you, and see what neck you like the best and go from there.
                thanks for the help guys...... now , i might just go with the liveires.... pu are set... 75%-livewire, 25%-jb/jazz..... but i still wanna do some ear testing
                bridge - kahler 3300 set.....
                and i cannot get a renowned artist to paint my guitar coz i live in india, not US
                and i couldnt dind any beat up kv1 or kv pro yet......
                i'll reply after 6 hrs..... aftr studying..
                bye

Comment

Good luck on getting your guitar worked out and studying.

Comment

OK, I tried out a js series warrior and the neck was absolutely awesome
                    Very thin, and fast, i shred on it like never before, and i even played the clean parts of in my darkest hour, which i could never play on my current guitar....
                    Jacksons rock

Comment

Cool man, it sounds like you're getting closer to your dream axe.

Comment

Yeah, but now i think that the neck was a bit too thin, i tried a js series kv around 6 months ago,and that neck might be just a bit thicker, cant actually remember, but is it possible

Comment

So did they drop "KV profile" from the order form? That's what I got on my WarAngel and WR7 (and I would not recommend getting a 7-string with that profile - talk about TOO thin for the width!).

I thought they had KV, Speed, and San Dimas profiles?

I thought the Soloist had the "Speed" profile, which is slightly fatter than the KV2/KV1/Mustaine Pro?

And now the JS WRs have thin necks? WTF did I miss? I thought all imports had like DK2M neck profiles?
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            So did they drop "KV profile" from the order form? That's what I got on my WarAngel and WR7 (and I would not recommend getting a 7-string with that profile - talk about TOO thin for the width!).

I thought they had KV, Speed, and San Dimas profiles?

I thought the Soloist had the "Speed" profile, which is slightly fatter than the KV2/KV1/Mustaine Pro?
                            The King V profile is the "speed" neck, as on the KV1 and KV2. I believe the KE2 also has the speed neck profile, and possibly the WR1, but I can't remember. The RR1 and Soloist have always been a little thicker.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              The King V profile is the "speed" neck, as on the KV1 and KV2. I believe the KE2 also has the speed neck profile, and possibly the WR1, but I can't remember. The RR1 and Soloist have always been a little thicker.
                              The KE2 also has the speed neck profile, and I'm almost certain that the WR1 has it as well.

Comment

The KV2, KE2, and the WR1 have the speed neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X