No announcement yet.

Neck isn't warped, nor back-bowed.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems almost too obvious, but could your wall hanger be bumping the tuning pegs?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      All of them. It's like the neck is bending backwards, but it's not moving.

Tuned to A=440, intonated as well as can be done in a guitar.
      Mine do it all the time, esp when on a wall hangar, then I reach for it, play it, it will be sharp all 6 strings.
      Could never figure it out, but it does happen.
      >^v^<

Comment

I think it's slowly growing into a baritone. What if you leave it in its case rather than hang it?
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Mine does it all the time on a stand. Trem is blocked so it cant float. Truss rod is firm. I read an article about necks " growing " due to temperature and humidity. Almost all of mine have done it no matter what configuration. The only time I can recall thy did not was when I had them in a basement with climate and humidity control unit. -Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            What if you leave it in its case rather than hang it?
            This is a good question. You should try this and see if there's any difference.
            Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

None of my others go sharp. Flat, but not sharp.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I bet that is the difference between a flat sawn neck and a quarter sawn neck.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

It's quarter-sawn.

Checked it when I got home and it was actually a bit flat. I would say that the bridge pickup was the culprit, since I did lower it yesterday, however, the guitar originally came with EMGs, which have notoriously low string pull, and the problem was evident even then.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thar was a joke from another thread.....sorry I didnt emphasize that.-Lou

Comment

Do you set it up on a bench, and then play it standing up? Temp, humidity, loose neck bolts, bad storage, gravity, sticky nut... lots of things to look for.

Comment

Face it your house is haunted by a custom shop guitar hating ghost. Get a Quija board and tell it to knock it off or you'll bring in a priest. That should scare them. Sounds like a pain man, good luck.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Luafcm View Post
                          Do you set it up on a bench, and then play it standing up? Temp, humidity, loose neck bolts, bad storage, gravity, sticky nut... lots of things to look for.
                          Neckthrough = no bolts. Nut doesn't stick since tuning is very smooth with no "jumps" (unlike the one that does have a sticky nut).

I set it up in playing position.

If it was the temp/humidity, the others would behave similarly.

The wall hanger doesn't touch the tuners.

Comment

maybe put some 12s or 13s on it, tune it to E std, and leave it for a while to get the neck to bow forward, then you may be able to use the truss rod when going back to lighet strings

Ive heard of people applying heat to the neck to get it to bow/straighten they way they wanted,

Either that or rip the fret board off and install a two way truss rod

Comment

^I tried heavier strings with my SL1T and it didn't work. I sent the guitar back to the dealer and they bent the neck with heat and that indeed worked.

But that info really isn't relevant because Newc has stated that the neck relief isn't changing.

Comment

I asked a dumb question.....looked through previous posts and found my answer. -Lou
                                Last edited by LouSiffer; 02-14-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X