No announcement yet.

Fastfret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like fast fret on those days when playing just feels sticky, mainly when its more humid outside. Ive never had a problem, and yeah, WD40 is one of the best ways to get grease off your hands!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

WD-40

• 51% Stoddard solvent (i.e., mineral spirits: primarily hexane, somewhat similar to kerosene)
      • 25% Liquefied petroleum gas (presumably as a propellant; carbon dioxide is now used instead to reduce WD-40's considerable flammability)
      • 15+% Mineral oil (light lubricating oil)
      • 10-% Inert ingredients

When I was young I worked at a paint factory, sometimes I was assigned to the oil room for the day, man that was good news at 7am.

Anyway after a day of having shit ass fumes and shit ass paint all over yourself, especially on a Friday you would want that shit off your hands when you go home. So the old guy that I worked with would dunk his hands in xylol to wash them off... now their was this tube of cleaner that would take oil paint off but this asshole would hide it for himself, fucker. Anyway washing your hands in xylol will put some hair on your nuts... I later learned that that shit goes right through your skin into your bloodstream and to your liver. Good thing I only did it a couple times... that old guy did it everyday.

I am afraid to put anything on my sweet ebony baby until I know for certain if it is the right choice... as of now I have never put anything on it.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

I've used fast fret sense the mid 80's without any issue. I never press hard enough to get any onto the fretboard only the strings/frets. I assume that it slows down fret wear a tiny bit but I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by defec View Post
          sense
          Ron...
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
          X