Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I picked up a project axe. Jackson Dinky Rev. Need some advice on neck repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to get some pics for you folks tonight after work. I dont know anything of the J85 at all. Is that what pickup is in this one? that blade style jackson humbucker. I know the J90C has alot of go, too. I think I have one laying around, so if I dont like the J85 I can switch up.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

OK folks, here you go.

here is the guitar all cleaned up, strung and playable.

and here is the neck joint after I repaired it. I just sanded it with some scotch brite to get the glue off it and smooth it out as I didnt want to get into refinishing the whole neck.

Comment

the fretboard had a TON of funk on it. I cleaned it up with some naptha, then oiled it with lemon oil. Cleaned up the electronics, the pickups, the whole thing. It really cleaned up nice well for what condition it was in.

Comment

Looks like a clean job, nice work.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

thanks, I am no pro. I just took the advice here and did my best. Got plenty of glue in there, clamped it good and let it sit.

Comment

Now that's a lotta guitar for $50! Great work!
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I'm truely jealous, I love those guitars!
                Red JDR-94
                Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
                Duncan Invader pickups
                Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Originally posted by brandoz28 View Post
                  I'm truely jealous, I love those guitars!
                  yea, its a smokin ride for $50. I have been playing a bit. it rocks right the fuck out. Great guitar, especially for the money.

Comment

I liked the J85 in mine and would still have it if I wasn't broke at the time. The neck is a J90c in that too. Was awesome in the neck position too
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                    X