No announcement yet.

Intonation help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check it in playing position. I learned on another forum about the teflon tape idea and tried it. It helped a little but not much.

I don't think the toothpick idea applies to my problem because the inserts are fine, it's the posts wobbling in the threads that's the problem which is why I tried the teflon tape. Maybe I just need to pack more on.

Would new trem posts be the solution? Maybe I can swap them out of another guitar if they are the same size. Would they be Schaller size? I believe this is a JT-500 trem.

Comment

O.K., what gauge strings are you using and are you tuning down very far?

Comment

Originally posted by decadentdave View Post
        O.K., what gauge strings are you using and are you tuning down very far?
        He already said all of this info in his original post. He's using 9s in standard tuning.
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
        X