sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Seen the first one but not the 2nd.

He just kinda disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Would love to see that!
        Being from where I am from, and being around Cinderella/Britny Fox before they were big...I can tell you from stories that even they had some issues with flying guitars in the clubs. Of course me and a buddy of mine Carl had to try too. He had a D'agostino set neck les paul copy and I had a Gibson Explorer. (white with black stripes of electrical tape to look like Mattias Jabs from the Scorpions) Carl bought a set of straplocks and put 1, yes I said 1 on as the button by the neck. He said that's all you need because the other button doesn't get any stress the way you push it from the headstock and it flies around over your shoulder. Good theory....NOT The next thing you see is Carl jamming along to livin after midnight, gives the guitar a good push and it comes up around his shoulder and the strap let go. Today this is funny, but then, for 2 14 year olds....horrific. That guitar flew across the room hit the ceiling, then the far wall, then the hardwood floor. It then had that fresh "Relic'd" look, but for all other points the guitar was fine, no structural cracks or hardware damage.

Next day, genius that I am, I go buy a set of locks and install both on my guitar. Everything felt sturdy so I gave it a whirl. Not wanting to send my guitar into the stratusphere like Carl did I did not use as much push as he did. The guitar started to go around fine, but as big as it was and as little force as I used, it just didn't have enough juice to make it all the way around and as it tried to pass over my shoulder the bottom part of the body (bridge first) crashed down on my head. Fortunately other than the newly installed bloodsplatter finish the guitar was fine and I only needed 3 stitches.

I don't throw guitars anymore....lol
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I gave it a further inspection of action, neck angle, and intonation, and everything seems to be exactly as it was before. Unbelievable that this guitar seems to be stable and unharmed after the fall.

@ Newc, I will for sure always remember to zip my gigbag up towards the headstock everytime...Not sure why I wasn't always doing that before...No common sense by me I guess...

Comment

Idiots trying to do these stupid guitar spins... And then when the guitar falls down..they cry...

@Total_Annihilation: Glad for you that your guitar is ok!
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
            X