Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what if I just put a treble cap on there would that fix it

Comment

Turns out just changing an orange wire to a pink wire can really make a difference. The pink wire gave the tone pot crazy sounds. From 1-5 you get a normal guitar sound- from 5-8 you get a very bassy low sound from 8-10 you get a very bad ass mid boost sound its awesome.

Comment

Rip those pickups out, run them over with a sherman tank, and install some duncans, dimarzios, or EMG
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'm going to gues you don't like them. I actually like what had become of the sound. I wouldn't mind buying another set or trading my emgs for a set. But my emg's are in bad shape cosmetically

Comment

If you want my reflux pickups, I will most certainly sell them. talk to me chief.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I´m not sure if it´s ok to use old threads, but title of this one fits my question.

Does anybody here know if it is possible to use Reflex circuit with a EMG81? Are these pickups compatible? My idea was to use two original Reflex single coils and replace the humbucker with a EMG.
              My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

I have to interject and say Reflex pick ups suck ass.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  I have to interject and say Reflex pick ups suck ass.
                  I don´t like the humbucker, but single coils sounds decent.

But does anybody know if these are really active pickups or passive with external active component? If I want to replace just the humbucker, should I use a EMG81 or EMG HZ4 ?
                  My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

EMG HZ anything is terrible I'd use the 81 but that's just my opinion. I am not sure about the wiring issues though.
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

raise the thread.
                      tonight is the night I will remove the yellow wire and connect the pink wire. the reflex pick ups sound too crazy for me. LE91 is nice with reflex, but if it goes wrong I will have to use cheap creapy EMGs.
                      Thnx to all for such usefull info regarding the wiring.
                      Last edited by ykrop4ik; 11-10-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X