replacement arm for JT580LP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so this came in the mail today...

first I tried just the arm without changing out the collar... better - but still loose.

so i swapped the collar too and - drum roll - freaking perfect! totally solid! I don't use my trem very much, but I am so glad the wobble is gone.

one more thing that may interest you guys - the sticker on the packaging says Schaller.
    Last edited by rebar71; 02-19-2011, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Sweet! Glad to hear it all worked out nicely. I'm gonna have to place my order tomorrow. Thanks again for the down-low on the trem arm. Schaller too!

Comment

I wanted to add in here that I went a different route. I didn't have the loose arm problem, mine was missing.
        I ordered a replacement arm from GuitarFetish for $4.95 and it fit perfectly!
        (Bear in mind, this was only the arm, with no bushing assembly.)
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

well that would've been nice to know! lol

i probably would've still gone the route i did because i didn't want to chance getting the wrong bar a second time.

Comment

yeah, for the issue you were having, I think you went the right way.
            Especially since you tried the replacement arm in the old socket and, while it WAS better, it was still sloppy...which leads me to believe the socket itself was the culprit in your case.
            Plus you got a genuine Schaller arm...mine has no name on it. It still looks great and feels solid and well built...but unknown maker.

I just thought I'd add my findings as well, in case anyone else just needs the arm itself like I did.
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
            X