80's Floyd Rose studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XavSnakeEye View Post
    Sorry but what does "dead on" mean? (English is not my native language...)
    The advice looks very informative anyway, thank you;
    "Dead on" means "very accurate" or "just right."

I have a set of these posts from fretsonthenet.com and they are very good quality.

Comment

My 87 USA Jackson came with a OFR and it has the JT-6 studs like yours so it could be original.
      And no it won't hurt anything to adjust the posts under tension. I have done it that way for 25 years and never been a problem.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        I have a set of these posts from fretsonthenet.com and they are very good quality.
        Should have said that. I have a set and they definitely are great!!
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Almost looks like the OPer's guitar has washers on top of the stud anchors.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

HEy everybody!

So some of you are positive, they have Floyd Rose factory installs from late 80's, and JT6 pivot studs work into Floyd Rose steel inserts? I'am getting lost... Dave from Fretsonthenet answered me:
            "Hello Xavier,

If your Jackson were equipped with Original Flyd Roses, then these are not compatible, sorry. These are only for Jacksons and Charvels that were originally equipped with the Jackson JT6 Tremolo as shown in the picture: http://www.fretsonthenet.net/sf-88-page13.jpg

Thanks so much,
            Dave"

...Anyway;

I removed everything yesterday and noticed that the hole in the top for the FRose was a bit too narrow! The arm socket would touch the wood! That's why it was so stiff, and would never stay in tune!!
            I enlarged it something like 1mm, gently filed off the studs and the knife-edges, put vaseline on studs and graphite on knives... and the baby finally rocks again!!! perfect stability and great smoothness...
            thank you all

Comment

I'm guessing there was a bit of a mis-communication with Dave. If you send Dave an e-mail linking to this thread, he'll see what you have. Whether the Floyd Rose is factory or not, you DO have the JT6 studs. But it sounds like you have it figured out.

Comment

That is a picture of where the trouble came from (FR hole in the top was too narrow) , but yes, everything is just perfect now, thanks;

I keep the info for a later replacement, on this Dinky or my 87' SD plated strat', they have the very same install.
                Thank you all for helping me on this

Comment

Just for information, when people swap a JT-6 for an OFR, that's a normal issue. It sits either really close the the route and works fine, or it needs a slight extra filing in the route. Glad you got it worked out..

Comment

glad you got it working. yeah, unless the stud inserts are chipped, you don't need to change them. just a little lube.
                    also, just so you know, your studs are not native to the original german made floyd rose unit. the previous owner just changed the trem with this floyd rose one and never bothered to change the studs. in the future if you want to buy floyd rose parts, here's where i usually buy my parts:
                    1) http://www.prorockgear.com/floydrose...-lugstyle.aspx
                    2) http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore....html#franchor
                    good luck!

Comment

Floyd Rose Pivot Stud Fix - I found the answer

Originally posted by XavSnakeEye View Post
                      hello everyone,

I am a newcomer here from Paris/FRANCE, and I guess I am not the first 80's JACKSON OFR equipped owner with this problem;
                      so here I am,
                      I need to replace the Floyd Rose pivot studs on my 1989 DINKY, but where can I find the vintage ones from the 80's?
                      They look quite different from today's available studs, but can the new ones do the job as replacement?
                      Thank you for your help!!
                      I had a problrm with my q981 Jacson Soloist. The pivot stud head broke off while I was trying to adjust it. Man was I POed. I called Jackson, Floyd and lookedd for months - Found exactly what I needed at a site called jammerman.com - My Floyd is a JT-6. Check it out!
                      Works perfect and is a much better stud than the original - easy to instal

Comment

Dude - Check out jammerman.com for the replacement- I did and its perfect!

Comment

go to jammerman.com for replacement

Comment

go to www.jammerman.com for replacement pivot stud

Comment

Pivot Stud Fix for JT-6 Floyd

I found the direct replacement at www.jammerman.com my jackson has the jt-6 trem that broke the stud - this worked perfect

Comment

Originally posted by mesabob View Post
                                I had a problrm with my q981 Jacson Soloist. The pivot stud head broke off while I was trying to adjust it. Man was I POed.
                                You're a fucking spammer! How does one actually break the head off of the stud? You must be retarded.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X