Emg q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Metal Medal that is exactly what this is.The board has R+SPC on it and the amp chip is a 682/L441 and CM.Only other numbers on the resistors is 2001 and 2002.
    So a strat presence control is what I figured it was.
    Yes it does add some noise so its coming out tonight and a reg EMG tone pot going in.
    May try an 85 in too as well.
    Thanks guys.
    Tone pot sounds good. If I got a set of EMG-S's or SA's I'd probably pull it and intall into that setup.

Comment

Me too Don I pulled it out and installed a reg EMG tone pot and cap.
      Much clearer sounding now the SPC was choking the 81 to a degree.
      90% of the noise is gone now too which is nice.
      Note keep all the misc junk you think you will never need because someday you will need it.Glad I save all that shit!!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Note keep all the misc junk you think you will never need because someday you will need it.Glad I save all that shit!!
        Tell me about it. I have about 5 large fishing lure containers filled with nothing but small guitar parts, like pots, knobs, screws, Floyd and Kahler peices...too bad they're all currently in storage!

I've got 2 guitars with the SPC with EMGS and have it hooked to only the single coil S, SAs and not the humbucker in the bridge position. I do this mainly to increase the output of the single to match the hum.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

That would be all its good for IMO.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X