No announcement yet.

F-spaced Pick-ups on a string through body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been a DiMarzio fan for a long time, but the only ones being used at the moment are in my Carvin; a Super Distortion and a Super 2. It's also got a DiMarzio "Petrucci" switch to get the inner coils on when in the middle position.
    I used an X2N for years in an old Kramer, then I retired that guitar and put the X2N in a Warrior with a Super 2. I used a Tone Zone in an old Jackson Dinky paired with a Jackson J50N which I then sold, and I also put a Tone Zone in my old Charvel Star paired up with a Duncan Jazz and sold that. I've still got an X2N and Super 2 laying around that will go in something eventually, and I've also got a chrome covered Tone Zone laying around. I also have a black/blue Norton laying around, and I did have a PAF Pro laying around for a project but never used that and sold it, as well as a couple Fast Track 1s and a Chopper. I've also got a Cruiser laying around that needs to go in an H/S Fender project I need to complete. My other guitars have Duncans or EMGs.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a EB Musicman JP6 Limited Edition for a while. I really liked that inner coil option. That guitar played beautifully, but it had to go. It was too much work to maintain. That neck twisted if you just looked at it. If I'm ever getting another Petrucci-guitar I'm getting a BFR. I have now DiMarzios in all my guitars.
      What kind of Carvin is it? I had a Carvin once, but I sold. I didn't like the pick-ups and didn't bother to change them. Too much fuzz with the Piezoboard and I had to change the bezels.

My old Carvin DC400T:
      '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
      '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
      '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
      '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
      '13 Gibson M-III
      Taylor 214CE
      Dean 6-string Bass
      Morgan Ukulele

Comment

My Carvin is an SC90, got it off their in-stock website section in 2002. Here it is when it still had the Carvin C22 pups and the coil tap switches. Now it's got two other volume and tone pots with the DiMarzios and the new toggle. I thought the Carvin pups were actually pretty good, just wanted something with a little more output.

I also had a DC400 and a DC120 12-string. Carvin makes great guitars! I'll be ordering a 7-string right after Christmas, too.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is just sweet. I have fetish for white guitars (as you may have noticed...)
          I really like Carvin, but there are to problems with them that puts me a bit off:
          1. The fact that they use two screws above and one below the pick-up. I like to modify my guitars to make them fit me better. That's also the reason why I don't play any Ibanez-guitars anymore.
          2. Here, in Norway, they are difficult to sell if I should need to do so.

Right now I'm a student so I can't afford all the guitars I want to try, so I change them as I go along. Buy one, try it, sell it and get another one. In the last four years I've been through no less than 50 guitars.
          '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
          '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
          '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
          '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
          '13 Gibson M-III
          Taylor 214CE
          Dean 6-string Bass
          Morgan Ukulele

Comment

Working...
          X