Originally posted by moku View Post
    what's AFAIK?
    As Far As I Know.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
      As Far As I Know.
      i see... thanks.

Comment

thanks to all for responding guys. learned a lot. i'll probably keep the j-80c pickup for a rainy day.

Comment

This is a great thread. lots of great info guys. Has anyone seen or heard a J-95? I see one on ebay and have never heard of it.

Comment

Forgot about this thread.

I hooked my J-80C up with a pair of J200s and a JE1200 in a Model 6. Sounds very badass. I'm addicted to using the JE1200 so I'm not sure how I'd like the J-80C by itself, but I have another one laying around.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfbane20 View Post
              This is a great thread. lots of great info guys. Has anyone seen or heard a J-95? I see one on ebay and have never heard of it.
              The 1987 Model 3A I recently purchased has a J-95 in the bridge. It has a "Model 5" sticker on it, too. I thought the Model 3A came with dual J-80C pickups. Someone has clearly re-wired this and did a shitty job because it sounds so anemic. I'm debating searching out two J-80C on the Internet or just throwing Duncan Distortions in it and replacing the switch as well.

The J-95 is described as: High Output Wide-Band. The J95 combines high output voltage with wide band response to give you a sweet, round kind of distortion. By making this humbucking pickup sensitive to the broadcast spectrum of frequencies possible, without over-accentuating any of them, the J-95 delivers both chunky rhythm textures and a rich, round lead voice.

That is from "Pickups" under "Identify" on the charvelusa.com site.

Comment

Working...
              X