JT6 to Floyd conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT6 to Floyd conversion

Does anyone know if I need to change the inserts and/or trem posts in order to change my JT6 on one of my Jacksons to a Floyd? Any other pointers I should know before doing it?

THANKS!

You don't need to change the posts. I've had a couple stringlocks converted to OFR nuts, but I only do this if the stringlock is causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
      Does anyone know if I need to change the inserts and/or trem posts in order to change my JT6 on one of my Jacksons to a Floyd? Any other pointers I should know before doing it?

THANKS!
      Why do you need to do this?

Comment

You can get the conversion posts from fretsonthenet.com if he still has/makes them but you don't have to have them. I don't think I'd plug/re-drill unless I absolutely had to, and I don't see why you would have to.

Comment

I had no problems dropping a OFR on my Jackson strat . The original JT6 was beat and not worth fixing . I used the factory posts no upgrades from Dave required . If you do not have a OFR with a 42mm block you need to get one , as the JT6 block is not the same . If you have a block off of a German Schaller it will work .
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I agree with the guys - keep the inserts+posts. It'll work. Maybe the Floyd will rub against the wall of the cavity, but all it takes is light chiseling or a wee touch by a Dremel.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I'll just get me a floyd and drop it in then. I juwas wanted to make sure that everything would work fine since I know that alot of you all have changed them out.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                Thanks for all the advice. I'll just get me a floyd and drop it in then. I juwas wanted to make sure that everything would work fine since I know that alot of you all have changed them out.
                Why change it out? Is it broken like Mike's?

Comment

No, there's nothing wrong with it at all. I just prefer the feel of my floyd's on my other guitars.

Comment

Working...
                  X