No announcement yet.

pups for a bright guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think it depends on the amp your using as well, bright guitars and bright pickups work well with "dark" amps

Comment

Use a different value cap to bleed off the highs or go to a 300k vol pot.Easy quick and will tame a bright guitar.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Use a different value cap to bleed off the highs or go to a 300k vol pot.Easy quick and will tame a bright guitar.
        I'll have to check what is in there currently. I've got a handful of Dimarzio 500K pots but nothing in the 300K range. Great suggestion though... thanks!

Comment

SD Custom Custom, DM Super3
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Use a different value cap to bleed off the highs or go to a 300k vol pot. Easy quick and will tame a bright guitar.

This is exactly what i did in my guitar, and also have a super 3.
            500k pots are rarely 500k, they usually are in the 420 to 470k range (if your lucky).
            If you have a multimeter first check the value of the pot in your guitar, if it's a good one and is closer to 500k - check your other pots all out,
            you may be able to just change the pot to a lower value and keep the pups that are in it if you don't mind them otherwise.

PS. That guitar is Sick as Hell!!
            I'm so jealous really love to find one of those i wish they still made them.

Comment

I say Duncan Custom, but it depends on what tone your'e looking for. Do you want the pickup to merely transfer the acoustic tone to the amp or do you want the amplified tone to be not as bright as the acoustic tone? The pickup in the Sullycaster I had for a while did an excellent job of transferring the acoustic tone to the amp. I could roll the volume off and the acoustic tone matched what had been coming out of the speakers.

Of course there's preamp/EQ settings to be considered as well, but still...
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X