No announcement yet.

What type of Floyd did I just buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the trem today. I see why it was so cheap now. It was all fucked up. The strings went up and down and up and down Took about 5 minutes to get the saddles from 213132 to the correct 123321

This came with everything - nut, springs, arm, claw, bushings, and two sets of posts! The intonation threads are in good shape, nothing stripped, no split locking blocks. The knife edges are heavily beveled on the underside, lightly on the top side. The saddles don't have the angled backside like the Korean floyds on Pro Mods.

The thing I love the best is that the trem bar fits nice and tight in the hole. I hate loose trem bars with a passion.

Now the bad.

No where is there any Made in...so who knows where it was made.
    Pot metal sustain block. I have an OFR block but haven't tried to see if it will fit yet. If so, I'll get a big block upgrade for it.

That's it. Seems like a killer deal so far.

Comment

Do you have a 580 to compare the baseplate to?
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        That's it. Seems like a killer deal so far.
        As long as you're happy...

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          Do you have a 580 to compare the baseplate to?
          I have a JT580LP and it's the same style of baseplate. Looks to be the same shape, but the locking bolt poking out the back would prevent replacing a LP with this trem.

Comment

FYI Bump.

I bolted up an OFR 32mm brass block to this trem and it fit perfect. So I can do a big block upgrade on this trem, whatever it is.

Comment

nothing about this floyd is correct. the saddle shape is wrong (takeuchi ones are shaped differently); the base plate, as pointed out already, is wrong; the fine tuning screws are licensed ones; and the string lock screws are shaped like the licensed ones.
              i think someone just branded the "floyd rose" logo on a licensed one.

Comment

But it says Floyd Rose on it so it must be an official Floyd Rose!

I've picked up another MIG Floyd in black and looking at these side by side, the unofficial one looks to be pretty solid and a nice build. I have no idea of where it came from but it's a sweet trem that I plan on using.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I thought all Floyds that said Floyd Rose on them had squared baseplates, even the Ping version. This one seems weird.
                  +1. NEVER seen a OFR with the angled baseplate.

Comment

Working...
                  X