Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
    This is essentially what I said....?
    No my friend, you have it totally bass-ackwards.
    What you've posted so far is the complete opposite of what I posted.

Comment

In theory that is correct. I did the measurements last night. The fret pockets are not the same. If I took the neck from my KV3 and put it on my KVX10, the distance between the nut and the bridge would INCREASE to 26.13". Which means that in order to move the nut closer to the bridge, I would have to route the guitar and pickup cavity or refret the entire neck to accomodate to the increased scale length. In my post above I have the measurements.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

-edit sorry i take that back. i replied before fully reading.

sunbane is right. period.

musician78 you are correct in your statements on your personal guitars, but your advice is as sunbane said. backwards
        Last edited by jdr94; 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm... I must be having a wicked blonde moment because I don't really see how our statements contradict each other, just worded differently, (aside from my first post in here which apparently I was drunk when I wrote it--I meant to say that the 22 fret neck is shorter). Anyhow, the answer is no, you can't just swap the two necks.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Why don't you guys just put 24 fret necks where they belong, and 22 fret necks where they belong!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Good god! I was backwards. Just looked at my numbers again and I had the columns labeled backwards. *idiot* The answer however, is still no.

Comment

Its a pain in the ass to do either so I'm with Ron on this one.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                  X