No announcement yet.

Advice on Jt-590

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the 590 is essentially a Schaller licensed Floyd, couldn't you just get a Schaller Floyd Rose and have everything (mounting studs, proper intonation etc.) work out?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
      An OFR's stud are in a different location in the body than a JT590. It is POSSIBLE you might have issues. Why swap?
      Technically, the studs aren't in a different place. The OFR has knife edges that are part of the baseplate itself. The Schaller/JT590 uses knife inserts that push it back a little further.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Technically, the studs aren't in a different place. The OFR has knife edges that are part of the baseplate itself. The Schaller/JT590 uses knife inserts that push it back a little further.
        Well, with a project I'm working on, I started with a JT590 and put in the studs. But the route was made for an OFR, and the studs need to be filled and redrilled further back because the OFR is too close to the front route when recessed.

It's hard to describe.

Comment

[QUOTE=DonP;1371689]No, the OFR bolts are longer and thinner. I think someone makes conversion bolts so that you can put an OFR where a JT-590 once went.

But the other issue that's harder to describe is that the OFR will sit closer to the neck than the JT-590. You'll have to move the saddles all the way back, and you might not have enough room to intonate.
          QUOTE]

well, in my experience, i took an ofr saddle. the short bolts on the 590 are the exact same threading making it so that the placement on the saddle on the base is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
          X