Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does one of my PC1's have it's harmonic switch wired backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I'm home I was able to check my list an Rev.B and Rev.C boards were used in the PC1.
    The Infinity boards had the battery LED soldered onto the other side of the board so they indicator could be seen through the front of the body.

I doubt Jackson would do anything about it.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-18-2010, 08:46 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      I doubt Jackson would do anything about it.
      They might be have some advice for you. I would at least ask...

Comment

Funny how on the Jackson website the contact info is unavailable......

Comment

ya it's there on the site:
          Contact Jackson

[email protected]

Jackson Guitars
          8860 E. Chaparral Road, Suite 100
          Scottsdale, Ariz., 85250-2610

P 480.596.9690
          F 480.596.1384

www.jacksonguitars.com
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            ya it's there on the site:
            Contact Jackson

[email protected]

...which will probably be answered by some Fender flunkie in Scottsdale (I don't think that email goes to Corona).
            Last edited by RacerX; 08-19-2010, 02:47 PM. Reason: deleted a stray J
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Folks!

Not that I expect much (or anything for that matter) but I will call and explain the situation and see what the response is.

Comment

well I didn't say it was right...I just said it is there

speaking of backwards, I know lefty models are few and far between, but couldn't the fools wire up the pots correctly for lefty orientation rather than just use the righthanded prewired kits and toss them in. ---grrr!!
                http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Some pretty good news actually!

The Fender/Jackson rep said that this was the 1st time that he had ever heard of such an issue with a PC1 and was actually rather helpful too!

He told me to bring the PC1 to a Jackson Authorized Service Center and when they call Jackson and confirm that it is indeed a fuck up they will send a replacement board to them and have the swap done.

Wonder what the Service Center will charge for the swap mind you?

Comment

Originally posted by vklobucar View Post
                    Some pretty good news actually!

The Fender/Jackson rep said that this was the 1st time that he had ever heard of such an issue with a PC1 and was actually rather helpful too!

He told me to bring the PC1 to a Jackson Authorized Service Center and when they call Jackson and confirm that it is indeed a fuck up they will send a replacement board to them and have the swap done.

Wonder what the Service Center will charge for the swap mind you?
                    Great news! I'm not surprised, either. Try to have Jackson cover the costs for this--after all it's their fault. The dealer might agree with this, too, after they realize it was a problem that originated at the factory. Ask them if they'll take the old board as payment for their labor. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Something tells me that the old board will be headed straight back to Jackson as they are very protective of the sustainer parts!

Comment

Glad to hear they'll replace the board.
                        Like I said earlier, I've seen REV.C boards in PC1's before, but none of them had the switch function backwards like that.
                        -Rick

Comment

Did you ever get it fixed?

Comment

Still have not had a chance to drop it off. Perhaps after vacation there will be time.

Comment

Working...
                            X