No announcement yet.

Set Necks & Floyds are a Bad Mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, only moisture and certain chemicals can cause a set neck break free at the body. I'm pretty sure that, unless the neck is a tree trunk, it should absorb most of the energy created by vigorous trem abuse.

Comment

this can all be cured with lemon oil.

unless of course your Steve Vai, and wear out a Floyd in a week.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
        I still think mostly BS, though. Except for those Gibbys shown above. Heck, you could make a rocking horse for your kids out of that one neck.
        I can't say for certain, but I believe that's their standard "short tenon." I have no clue if they still use that, but my god, I can't understand why that'd ever be used.

Sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The following things mix badly with set neck guitars:

- Floyds
          - Fernandes sustainers
          - Cut switches

Need proof?

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            I can't say for certain, but I believe that's their standard "short tenon." I have no clue if they still use that, but my god, I can't understand why that'd ever be used.

Sully
            The 2008 Standard has a totally new join, but I don't think the Traditionals or other models have this new join.

I think those pictures are exaggerations for marketing the Historic line. They have to justify the 3x retail price.

NewC, I've never heard of LP necks flexing but plenty of SG's had this issue. My 63 Special had to go to Dan Erlewine for a neck reset because it broke loose.

Comment

does neal schon go thru a floyd in a week to?
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
              X