sh or tb pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Fenders are much narrower, too!

Outside of the vintage-spec stuff, that is... The MIM Strats and the American Standards are both quite a bit narrower than the old-school 6-screw tremolo, I like it better because the strings aren't so damned close tot he edge of the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      Tune-O-Matic.
      Oh! I've only had one for 25 years--doh...

Comment

The Gotoh TOM on my RR1T is 100% f-spaced. Pissed me off when I bought a normal space custom to replace the stock PU and the poles didn't line up.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Oh come on... I didn't say they were invented for the Floyd Rose.

I said they are intended to be used with a Floyd or similar-spaced bridge...
          Yeah, sorry bout that. I'm just anally allergic to people claiming F-spaced means "Floyd spaced", forgetting that there were trems before the Floyds.

We could go on about how "Trembucker" is a stupid name because the hardtails were too wide for standard-spaced humbuckers, too.
          You're right! Damn! I must go write a letter of complaint to Seymour now!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            The Gotoh TOM on my RR1T is 100% f-spaced. Pissed me off when I bought a normal space custom to replace the stock PU and the poles didn't line up.
            I was surprised when I took the JB out of my RR1T that it was a TB4. I replaced it with a PATB-2 (Distortion Parallel Axis Trembucker) and its parallel poles line up directly around the strings like they would on a Floyd-equipped guitar.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Note to self: read entire thread before replying!

Comment

Working...
              X